Earth Day - April 22
Earth Day is the perfect time to support efforts in keeping our environment clean. As individuals, we have the potential to make a big difference in how we change the world and make it a better place. Many of us think we are too small to make a difference, but when enough of us act, we will see the positive impact it creates. Here are some of our favorite ways to save the Earth:
- Conserve Water – wasting water is one the biggest ways individuals impact the health of our environment. Fresh water is a vital resource for the survival of our population. Overusing or wasting household water, limits the availability of it.
- Preserve Air Quality – use less electricity. Coal and gas are the most common sources of energy that get turned into electricity. The burning of these two substances plays a major role in world air pollution.
- Plant a Tree – trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Eat Local Produce & Meats – industrial farming practices are not only harmful to individual animals, they are unsafe for the planet itself. Factory farming also produces a lot of air and water pollution.
- Use Fewer Chemicals – chemicals used to wash our bodies, homes, cars and everything else, gets washed down the drain or absorbed into the grass and eventually, ends up in our water supply.
- Walk More – another big source of air pollution that has led to global warming, is emissions from cars, trucks, planes, and other vehicles. Manufacturing, gas, chemicals, and the production of roads all play a part.
- Produce Less Waste – everything you throw in the garbage, ends up in a landfill. So create less waste by buying products you can reuse. Do not buy plastic bags or water bottles. Use recycled paper, and store food in reusable containers instead of aluminum foil or cling wrap.
- Always Recycle Glass – did you know that glass can take up to a million years to decompose? Always make sure to recycle your glass. It can reduce related water pollution by up to fifty percent and related air pollution by up to twenty percent.
- Use Paperless Billing – this is not only extremely convenient, but also saves trees.
- Pick up Litter – more than 1.9 billion tons of litter end up in the ocean every year. By taking just a few hours to clean up your sidewalk, you are helping save endangered marine life and keeping plastic out of the seafood we all enjoy.
Keep our planet healthy, by using the following Kriya Veda products: