CANDLE CARE TIPS
Burning candles can provide the perfect atmosphere, to induce a sense of calm and well-being. The flickering of candlelight, creates a lovely ambience that simply cannot be replicated. If you are looking to create a cozy or intimate atmosphere, lighting a beautifully scented candle in your home, can really add to the effect. Adding a candle here and there, will create softness in your room, which will instantly make it feel warm and welcoming. Candles are produced from a wide variety of waxes, which represent the quality of the product. Here are some of our favorite candle tips for clean burning, care, and benefits.
Purchase Non-Toxic Candles:
- Soy Wax - soybeans are harvested, cleaned, dehulled and rolled into flakes to make soy oil. The oil is hydrogenated to change the melting point and turn it into wax.
- Beeswax - worker honeybees make wax from wax glands on their abdomens. The wax is formed into hexagon-shaped cells and caps to hold honey and build the structure of the hive.
- Coconut Wax - coconut meat is cold-pressed to obtain the oil, which is hydrogenated to increase the melting point and turn it into wax.
- Palm Oil Wax - palm oil is steam distilled from berries and leaves of the palm tree, chilled and hydrogenated to make a hard wax.
Ways to Make a Candle Last Longer:
- Trim Wick – this will allow a longer and slower burn time
- Avoid Air Pathways – candles should be kept away from windows, doors, fans, and, vents as this will cause the flame to flicker, which results in uneven burning
- Limit Burn Time – do not burn your candle more than 2-3 hours at a time
- Avoid Irregular Shaped Candles – they burn unevenly, and much of the wax left is of no use
- Storage – always store candles in a cool and dark place, away from sunlight and artificial heat
- Use a Snuffer – blowing out candles results in careless wax splash and soot distribution, which always decreases burn time
Health Benefits of Burning Candles:
- Allows you to focus on your thoughts
- Creates a relaxing environment
- Can induce sleepiness for people who suffer from lack or loss of sleep
- The warm glow of a candle, can alleviate stress and anxiety
- Lighting candles during meditation, is a wonderful way to support the meditative process
Mood Altering Candle Scents:
- Cinnamon – helps with fatigue and exhaustion, calms nerves, and helps sharpen mind
- Lavender – sleep inducer, helps with depression, soothing
- Citrus – brightens mood, increases concentration, an energy inducer
- Floral – helps with relaxation, inspires a feeling of confidence
- Eucalyptus – uplifting, builds energy, decongestant
- Chamomile – reduces restlessness, tones down irritability, great for a good night’s sleep
- Vanilla – feeling of joy and relaxation
- Mint – invigorates the mind, motivates
Trending Kriya Veda Candles: